Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I am Spartacus

The button to turn on my car radio broke and I was unable to turn on the radio. I drove my car for three days with only my thoughts to keep me company.

I was all alone.

I took it to the dealer and was told that the only way to fix it was to replace the entire radio at a cost of $750.00 ($829.65 in Canadian dollars as of 5/9/07). Incredulous, I received a second opinion and was told the same thing.

With my downside limited, I pulled the button off. With my finger, I was able to re-align and re-attach the button, thus repairing the radio. Please keep in mind that I achieved this Frank Lloyd Wrightesque feat of engineering while driving. I have a manual transmission.

If I were not so busy with this blog, I would offer my problem-solving skills to resolving the problems of the Middle East.

I am Spartacus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you also fix computers?

Anonymous said...

Can you find a way for me to block this blog from every computer I sit at?

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine Spartacus, a legendary hero and gladiator in the Roman Republic has been beaten for a BMW radio.